Project KRAKEN – Increasing vigilance along the UK’s coastline and maritime environment.
Project KRAKEN is a National Crime Agency, Police and Border Force initiative to increase vigilance along the UK’s coastline and maritime environment.
How can you help
Report any unusual or suspicious activity near the coastline and in maritime environments. This could include:
- Unofficial indicators, markers or signs left on the beach or in the water
- Life jackets or clothing left on the beach
- Vessels showing signs of unusual modification or minor damage
- Increased activity at isolated coastal locations or at unusual times of the day
- Any ttempts to signal to vessels offshore or guide them into an unusual landfall
- Drone Activity
- People testing site security or an unusual interest in site structures and wharfs
What should you do?
If you see unusual or suspicious activity, report it to your local police on 101, or anonymously
or anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111, and quote “KRAKEN”.
Alternatively the Special Branch Ports Control Room on 01303 297320
If you want to anonymously report your information online, visit: www.crimestoppers-uk.org
Record as much information as you can – the smallest detail could be significant.
Do not take direct action against any individuals or groups. If it is an emergency, call 999.